The promotion of young researchers is of special interest to the Hanse-Wissenschaftskolleg. For this purpose, the HWK Postdoc Program was created, which aims to support talented early career researchers from all academic disciplines by organizing their own workshop and by giving them the opportunity to participate in HWK events and networks. Membership within the Postdoc Program is limited to a period of three years. Please note that the HWK does not provide stipends or work contracts during that time, but members remain employed by their home institution in the region. Applications are accepted based on the annual call for applications starting in December of each year. Applications must be submitted by the end of February of the following year.
Call for Applications
Applications for Associate Junior Fellowships within the framework of the HWK Postdoc Program are currently accepted. Application deadline: February 28, 2023 at midnight (CET). Please click here for more information on the program and on the application procedure.
Benefits of being a member of the HWK Postdoc Program:
- status as HWK Associate Junior Fellow (non-resident member of the HWK Fellowship community) for a period of three years
- organization of your own workshop/ symposium with relevant national and international speakers and participants; HWK provides financial support and infrastructure (rooms, organization of catering and accommodation, technical support etc.)
- integration into the institute's networks of Fellows and of alumni, as well as of regional, national, and international partners
- entitlement to participate in HWK events (e.g., Fellow Lectures, workshops, public events and receptions)
- specific events for current and former Associate Junior Fellows (e.g., talks/ discussions with outstanding personalities from academia, arts, politics; skill workshops; meetings with HWK Fellows in residence)
- presentation of your current research project in a Fellow Lecture for resident Fellows and staff members
- strategic support with career planning and networking by HWK staff
Requirements for the application:
- Applicants must be current postdocs or Junior Professors at the University of Bremen, University of Oldenburg, Jacobs University or at one of the extra-university academic institutions of the northwest region (any research field).
- outstanding CV and publication record
- clear idea of a workshop/ symposium to promote one’s visibility and academic networks
- willingness for interdisciplinary communication and for participation in HWK events